Forum Discussion

ericbautista
New Contributor
3 years ago

Adding Test Execution result (list) report in Jira Dashboard

Hi,

I have tried to add one particular report to a Jira Dashboard; however, the existing Zephyr gadgets do not include it (Test Execution result (list)). I am particularly interested on getting the bugs that are linked to Zephyr Test Cases. It seems Test Execution result (list) report is the only one that can provide such information.

Does anyone know how to either add this report to a Jira Dashboard or get the bugs linked to Zephyr Test Cases?

3 Replies

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

Hi

I'm on the server version and I can't see a dashboard option for the "Test Execution result (list)" report either, but a workaround that might work for you (not sure if it's possible in the Cloud version) is to run the report you need along with any criteria, and then use/publish the URL - the report will update dynamically

For example - I've added below a part of the URL from a test execution result list report that has criteria for Project and Test Cycle.  Once you have the URL you want, it's possible to edit the URL and create multiple reports with the same parameters but with different criteria (that you enter by changing it in the URL).

https://jira.[INSTANCE].com/secure/Tests.jspa#/reports/testresults/list/view?tql=testResult.projectId%20IN%20([PROJECT_ID])%20AND%20testRun.key%20IN%20([CYCLE_ID)%20AND...

Regards, Andy

celinak
      New Contributor

Thank you so much for trying to help. I wasn't able to use this on the cloud version.  

We found another big road block to our processes. When I run a future cycle, you can't see previously logged bugs tied to that test/step.  This is vastly important for improving the efficiency of knowing what existing bugs have already been logged, etc. 

I think my next course of action is going to be migrating off Scale and back to Squad.  

celinak
    New Contributor

This is a big roadblock for us as well.  It appears such report exists in Zephyr Scale for Server but not Cloud. 

I don't want to dig through the entire details list to just see what bugs were logged during a test cycle.