Forum Discussion

Aetius85
Visitor
2 years ago

Show daily execution results

Hello,

I am looking for a widget which could show the test results of the daily run..I found no other way than configuring the "actual end date" = today, but this is even not automatic, so it should be manually changed every day. Without putting a date the dashboards show only the latest execution, which could be maybe 2 years ago so it's not a real indicator.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Ezio

1 Reply

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

Hi Ezio,

Sadly, this has been an issue for a long time.  I can't suggest a workaround in Scale for the widget as it's a black-box on the dashboard, but if you run it as a report, you can at least access the date field criteria in the URL and that opens up a couple of options:

1. Quick & dirty = Bookmark the report > amend the date field in the URL each day

2. I've not done this but it should work in theory: Copy the URL into a spreadsheet to create your own 'today' link that you run from within Excel.  For example:

> Cut the URL string into 3 portions to separate the date field into its own column

> Add a formula to replace the date portion with a today() solution

> Concatenate the columns to create your own URL hyperlink

Column A Column B Column C Column D
    start of URL DATE FIELD end of URL  
    Copy replace with a today() type formula Copy Concatenated A+B+C

3. Script a bookmarklet that replaces the date field with a today() value and runs as a bookmark in your browser.

Regards, Andy