cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InputBox() method is not invoked when it is included in the Script Extension method

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

InputBox() method is not invoked when it is included in the Script Extension method

Dear Experts,

Problem Summary: InputBox() method is not invoked when it is included in the Script Extension method.

Description: I created a script extension(with RunTime Object name- 'GenericFunctions') with a method called 'SampleMethod', that internally has 'InputBox("Enter User Name").

After the Script extension is installed successfully, from Test Complete project, when we call 'GenericFunctions.SampleMethod()', I surprised to see that it is not prompting the InputBox to receive user name, which is supposed to display.

Kindly do let me know where exactly the problem exists. Suggest me any further configuration i need to do, for any other alternative to display InputBox through Script Extension Method.

Thanks and Regards,

Jayakoti

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: InputBox() method is not invoked when it is included in the Script Extension method

The BuiltIn object does not  appear to among those objects available to script extensions: Objects Available to Script Extensions

aqDlg and the UserForms objects may be of use.

[edit]  Better yet, check out Using Forms in Script Extensions

-----
Joseph

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: InputBox() method is not invoked when it is included in the Script Extension method

The BuiltIn object does not  appear to among those objects available to script extensions: Objects Available to Script Extensions

aqDlg and the UserForms objects may be of use.

[edit]  Better yet, check out Using Forms in Script Extensions

-----
Joseph

View solution in original post

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Building with the Collaborator API

Help Documenation
The Collaborator API is a JSON-RPC API that lets you integrate with Collaborator 9.0 and above. For more information about how the API works, check out the API description here:

Sample Plugins
For an example of an add-in that uses the API, take a look at the Microsoft Word Add-in for Collaborator:

We list all the great plugins our network has already built on this page on the SmartBear website.

Labels