ashwinpendyala
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago
New Idea

support for react native developed mobile apps

React Native framework which is developed by facebook is been extensively used by mobile developers which is a cross development platform which can support both android & IOS.

Mobile Applications industry is switching to Reactive Native as it has more advantages & easy development of cross platform apps.

Appium being competitor is supporting React Native and all the users have to switch with no option. So Testcomplete having great advantages with comparison to Appium should support React Native immediately to with stand with business & competition.

9 Comments

ashwinpendyala
    Occasional Contributor

ashwinpendyala wrote:

React Native framework which is developed by facebook is been extensively used by mobile developers which is a cross development platform which can support both android & IOS.

Mobile Applications industry is switching to Reactive Native as it has more advantages & easy development of cross platform apps.

Appium being competitor is supporting React Native and all the users have to switch with no option. So Testcomplete having great advantages with comparison to Appium should support React Native immediately to with stand with business & competition.

IfIgf anyIf any users also using React Native, please Vote and make this implemented.
    cunderw
    Community Hero

React native apps are compiled to native code anyway so they already all supported. They might have to be ejected for this to work and not ran through the expo player though. 

ashwinpendyala
    Occasional Contributor

cunderw Thanks for idea, so you mean so say that Mobile App developers needs to expose the internal objects to get recognized by Object Spy??

I cannot recognize the objects from Object Spy, but i am able to see them from TC Object Browser. With the help of Object Browser, i can write the script but while execution, i dont see any operations.

cunderw
    Community Hero

Well, if you can see the objects from the object browser then everything is already setup as it needs to be. Are you running the application in an emulator? If so you can't object spy the emulator, you have to use TCs built in mobile screen viewer. 

ashwinpendyala
    Occasional Contributor

Yes, i am able to see the Objects in Object Browser but not from SPY.

I am running the application in physical android device. The problem is when i try to execute the operations over Objects like Keys,Click, no operation is performed

cunderw
    Community Hero

This looks to be more an issue with how your application is developed. My guess is there is an invisible overlay hiding the objects you're attempting to interact with. Appium I believe just fires the click/keys event listeners on objects, where as test complete is attempts to replicate real user interaction. 

Is there any chance you can work with your developers to see if they can layer the indivisible layer on a lower z level than the objects you're attempting to interact with?