steve_clarke
Contributor
8 years ago
New Idea

Working with Embarcadero's Delphi 'Themes' packs.

Hi,

Our developers have upgraded through the newer versions of Delphi (now on 10.1.2 Berlin).

They have started to make use of the Themes available in these newer versions.

Unfortunately, Test Complete does not seem to work to well on applications compiled to include these Themes.

It would be helpful if Test Complete could accommodate working with them.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Steve.

3 Comments

• Hi,

I did raise this item in "SmartBear Community\TestComplete\Desktop Testing" dated '09-14-2016'. when I first came across it, giving some details of the issue.

Please see "Issues with software compiled in Delphi 10.1 Berlin with custom styles applied".

Cheers,

Steve. 

Uwe_Raabe
    Occasional Contributor

Hi,

We have the same issue, but reduced to recognizing the styled main menu. All other controls seem to work smoothly.

I am a bit baffled that this issue isn't more prominent, but perhaps not many people use the combination Delphi, VCL Style and TestComplete. Although, for those who make use of that it is a real PITA.

Regards
    Uwe

• Hi Uwe,

Yes, it is a little strange that in the three years since I posted this nobody, except you and I, seems to have seen this issue.

It continues to be there, although I quickly realised that by adding a command-line parameter, in Run-mode parameters (of 'TestedApps'), Test Complete will open an un-styled version of the application under test and therefore not run into the issues otherwise seen. But, as you rightly say, it's a PITA that you cannot test the app 'as is'.

Cheers,

Steve.