mbelhadj
New Contributor
3 years ago
New Idea

Searching for items in keyword tests

Hi,

The Find/Replace feature for keyword tests work only  in the Value column, is there a way to search through  NameMapping in Item Coulmn of the  Keyword ?

Regards

4 Comments

AGubarev
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

What is the reason to search through NameMapping in KeywordTesting editor? Could you give a little more details about your case

mbelhadj
    New Contributor

Sorry,

The Find/Replace feature for keyword tests work only  in the Value column, is it possible to search through  NameMapping  to include Item Coulmn  in this search ?

"I try to list  all calls of a specific  'Button.click''  in  all Keywords of my project"

Regards

AGubarev
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

OK, but what will be the final goal? Change the NM object in this test or something else?

There are two WAs now, not sure, you know about them:

1) when you change the object in Aliases it asks to change the test also. If you agree - it changes all the objects in Keywords

2) not perfect but still the option - use text editors, something like Notepad++, search/replace in all .tcKDTest files of your project. Again, not perfect, but can save your time until your idea will be implemented 

mbelhadj
    New Contributor

The final goal  is to replace some "Object.click" with a routine , this routine will contain the ".click " operation and other informations about Apllication (using WriteTextToFile ) so:

Option 1: Note Working

Option 2: i try with EditPadPro and i'm not  at ease with "Inject"  routines in .tcKDT Files

(the reason for the request is that the question has been asked since 2013)

Regards