cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Provide Ability to Clean Alias and Mapped Objects Not Used in Tests

Provide Ability to Clean Alias and Mapped Objects Not Used in Tests

In our trial and error approach to learning TC we have found ourselves with excess baggage (unused mapped objects and Aliases) which we wish to clean up. At some point we disabled 'Map object names automatically' and have a mix of tests using Mapped and Aliased object.

The ability to removed mapped objects and aliases which are used in keyword and script tests would be highly benificial.

Here isa thread which discusses in further detail.

Thanks for your consideration.

14 Comments
Occasional Contributor

This unused aliases and mapped objects would be useful when tested app gets updated to new components or something else and not always you can remember which objects are not used. TC could find such aliases and mapped objects. I know this request is registered directly to support, but please increase it again Smiley Happy it would be very useful. Finally, I am not alone, thanks william_roe for this request.

Kristina

Staff
Status changed to: Accepted for Discussion

Staff
Status changed to: New Idea

Staff
Status changed to: Accepted for Discussion

Staff
Status changed to: Selected for Development

Contributor

@MKozinets

Is there any update on when we can expect to see this feature? Will this be included in v12 of TestComplete?

Frequent Contributor

I too find myself in a similar position. I have inherited a project suite and am getting to grips with Mapped Objects and Name Mapping and Aliases. It would be amazing to be able to do a clean up of objects not used. Also, to know if you're about to remove a used Object - I did this just a couple of days ago and it screwed up a large number of tests.

What is the actual current status of this request?

Hello!

I would like to tell everyone that we put this feature on our roadmap for 2018.

Hey guys, 

This feature is available in TC 12.60. 

We've just released the beta version: https://smartbear.com/lp/testcomplete/testcomplete-beta-ai/

You will be automatically assigned a fresh temporary license with your beta download. If you are an existing TestComplete customer, please use a different machine or a VM to avoid conflicts. You will also be directed to the required documentation to get started with the new features. 

Let us know what you think.

Thanks.

Community Hero

And @prashantmohan... I'm SUPER excited about that....