Ask a Question

Feature request: Tolerance level for acceptable differences in image size (in RegionCheckpoint)

Feature request: Tolerance level for acceptable differences in image size (in RegionCheckpoint)

I use Region checkpoint to validate UI.
In different browsers, the images in the UI are different in size.
For example:
In IE11 image is 181x884;
In FF36 image is 181x889;
In Chrome41 image is 181x899

therefore the Region checkpoint fails, but the images are (more or less) the same, That is why I need to have tolerance setting (just like PixelTolerance and ColorTolerance), so that I can set a tolerance level for differences in image size.

2 Comments
TanyaYatskovska
Community Manager
Status changed to: New Idea

kerriem
Occasional Contributor

I have just encountered the same issue with my automation testing. A region checkpoint in Chrome/Edge has image size 439 x 82 but in Firefox has image size 440 x 82. The images are identical to the naked eye, but there must be a subtle difference between how it calculates the area of the region in Firefox. A small tolerance level on image size would be brilliant! 

Announcements
Welcome to the TestComplete Feature Requests board!

Here you can review submitted feature requests and vote up the ones you like! If you can't find the feature you want - go ahead and suggest your own idea. Ideas with the highest rating can be implemented in the product.

Check out the Create a Feature Request guide for more information.
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements