pkudrys
Contributor
2 years ago
New Idea

Execution Plan: add Count (cycle) ability to Group/Subgroup

Hi,

I think it would be really helpful, if Group/Subgroup folders would have an ability to repeat their content by a defined number of times. Basically, the same as existing Cycle option for Test modules.

I have a scenario, where I need to perform the same steps "n" times, just with different input data. The only solution now, is to create the basic structure of steps inside a Group folder and then copy and paste the Group folder "n" times. I consider this approach pretty ineffective. Check this screenshot...

If there would be a Count option at the Group level, it would allow me to perform the required steps with just single CreateAsset group, instead of 4 of them.

True, group folders currently does not support the data driven approach as well. But I believe I could easily fix that by a simple script, which would get the required data from CSV or similar file and fill them for each Group iteration run (based of actual iteration number, using Project TestItemObj.Iteration). What do you guys think?