cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom NameMapping template along with default and manual options.

Custom NameMapping template along with default and manual options.

Currently, TestComplete has a robust automatic NameMapping feature that provides highly accurate NameMapping which can be used over subsequent test runs.

When I use scripting to create my testing scripts, I prefer to do manual NameMapping to make it more robust and immune to minor changes to the application.

I find myself using the same properties for multiple objects in the entire application. It would be great it I would have a facilty to define a custom automatic NameMapping format that will help me create a default NameMapping for the objects that I choose according to the properties I have selected.

e.g. Currently when I want to map an object I am presented with this console:

2016-03-11 16_01_11-Feature_1.jpg

I would love to be presented a third option (as shown above) where I can define a custom default property list as shown here.

2016-03-11 16_06_56-Feature_2.jpg

That way whenever I select this option for any subsequent objects, they can have these properties picked for NameMapping. Even though I might have to go and tweak the object name (and possibly a property in rare cases) in the NameMapping editor, I still will be on target for most objects which will be a huge time saver.

sQAT

1 Comment
Super Contributor

I thing using NameMapping Template in TestComplete we can define custome format for object, where we can say select object based on our intrest (specified properties)

Announcements
Welcome to the TestComplete Feature Requests board!

Here you can review submitted feature requests and vote up the ones you like! If you can't find the feature you want - go ahead and suggest your own idea. Ideas with the highest rating can be implemented in the product.

Check out the Create a Feature Request guide for more information.
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements