Ask a Question

COM method to provide the name of the currently running test item

0 Kudos

COM method to provide the name of the currently running test item

I'm trying to implement a feature for the TestComplete Support Jenkins plugin which shows the progress of the currently running test. To be more exact, I want the Jenkins build log to look like this:

1 out of 65 done ...
2 out of 65 done ...

My approach is to run a separate C# app on the build agent which communicates with TestComplete via COM and reports back to Jenkins. I've already found a way to retrieve the list of enabled test items, I just need the name of the currently running one. Unfortunately AFAICT TestComplete/TestExecute doesn't provide any method to retrieve this information.

Could you add a method which provide the name of the currently running test item (let's say a method called currentTestItem() in ItcIntegration)? Or if there already is a way to retrieve this info, could you inform me how can it be done?

Thanks

Announcements
Welcome to the TestComplete Feature Requests board!

Here you can review submitted feature requests and vote up the ones you like! If you can't find the feature you want - go ahead and suggest your own idea. Ideas with the highest rating can be implemented in the product.

Check out the Create a Feature Request guide for more information.
New Here?
Welcome to the Community