cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add new function "Find Aliases" (Find the Aliase object in Aliases pane for a Mapped Object)

Add new function "Find Aliases" (Find the Aliase object in Aliases pane for a Mapped Object)

I use "Find Mapped Objects" function a lot to find the Mapped Objects from their Aliases. But sometimes there are only Mapped Objects created without the Aliases. There are a lot of cases that I need to find if the Alias for a Mapped Object. Currently there is no such function exist so I ended up spending a lot of time to guess which one is its Alias. Especially when an Alias was moved away from its original hierarchy to a different location, there is no way I can trace it by its hierarchy. It would be very helpful to trace the objects both ways (from Aliases to Mapped Objects and from Mapped Objects to Aliases).

2 Comments
Frequent Contributor

Funny, i just ran into this issue and was about to come here to log the feature request.  Nice Kudos

Frequent Contributor

Yes! This would be very helpful. I can easily Find Mapped Object from the Alias but if I want to find the Alias from the Mapped Object I cannot. If I look for it manually I don't have full confidence that I am looking at that same Object's Alias.

Announcements
Welcome to the TestComplete Feature Requests board!

Here you can review submitted feature requests and vote up the ones you like! If you can't find the feature you want - go ahead and suggest your own idea. Ideas with the highest rating can be implemented in the product.

Check out the Create a Feature Request guide for more information.
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements