Ask a Question

Ability to share a Name Mapping file

Ability to share a Name Mapping file

Hi,

When you have multiple applications with common parts and that you have multiple TC projects, it is a real pain to maintain the Name Mapping files. Editing each one to match a common part change makes you wonder... Basically, the unique Name Mapping file forces a reorganization of such projects into one or try Alex's workaround.

As we can already share script files between projects why couldn't we share Name Mapping files ?

Thanks

Simon Glet

3 Comments
TanyaYatskovska
Community Manager
Status changed to: New Idea

chik
Occasional Contributor

if it can also be extended as a shared namemapping file (or database table whatever the 1000 solution could be) it should be good.

tristaanogre
Community Hero

I think this suggestion may be outdated.  When creating a project, so long as the project doesn't already have a NameMapping.tcNM file, I can right click on the project, select "Add Existing Item" and browse to an existing NameMapping.tcNM file.  There should be no problems with this as I've been using this means of doing so in TC 12 since October 2016.

Announcements
Welcome to the TestComplete Feature Requests board!

Here you can review submitted feature requests and vote up the ones you like! If you can't find the feature you want - go ahead and suggest your own idea. Ideas with the highest rating can be implemented in the product.

Check out the Create a Feature Request guide for more information.
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements