Forum Discussion

galfven
New Contributor
11 months ago
Solved

Need to send header with Basic Auth

Hello ladies and gentlemen!
I'm new to Swagger when it comes to implementing it for my own api:s.
Today I have gone from being a complete fool to just being dumb. 🙂
I managed to make the "Try it out" button actually appear. It took me about two hours to finally find information on why it was not visible in my project.
Then I managed to also make the Authorize button to show up. And I can select the authorization method and input my user id and password.
But. (there's always a but right?)
It does not seem as if the Basic Auth is sent in the header. I have tried every single suggestion I have found after Googling and consulting ChatGPT. Nothing seems to get me any closer to a solution.
It's so easy to use Postman to send the queries to the same api, but with Swagger I have unfortunately hit the wall too many times, so I consult you guys. The crème de la crème of Swaggerians... what am I missing?

I have this in my Startup.cs - did I mention that this is an ASP.Net Core 3.1 Web Api? And that I'm using the latest stable versions of everything that has to do with Swagger.

options.AddSecurityDefinition("Basic", new OpenApiSecurityScheme
{
   Type = SecuritySchemeType.Http,
   Scheme = "basic",
   In = ParameterLocation.Header,
   Name = "Authorization",
   Description = "Basic Authorization header."

});
options.OperationFilter<SecurityRequirementsOperationFilter>();

Where on earth I got that piece of probably old code? From ChatGPT. Not to be trusted. I know.

By the way, I must mention that I don't know the first thing about which label to choose for this post.
I'll go with Swagger Core and Swagger UI, but maybe both are wrong. Sorry about that.

I guess you need more information - just tell me, and I'll provide all details needed.

Best regards,
George

• In case someone hits the wall as hard as I did:
    This did the trick for me:

Type = ReferenceType.SecurityScheme,

1 Reply

galfven
    New Contributor

In case someone hits the wall as hard as I did:
    This did the trick for me:

Type = ReferenceType.SecurityScheme,