cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User-Agent issue with SoapUI NG (trial)

SOLVED
Occasional Contributor

User-Agent issue with SoapUI NG (trial)

Hi,

 

A have an issue setting the user-agent in my soap requests with SoapUI (5.2.1) then I tried to use Ready!/SoapUI NG (1.4.1), but the problem is identical (http://community.smartbear.com/t5/SoapUI-Open-Source/User-Agent-option-issue/m-p/108121#U108121). Setting User-Agent in the global options or adding an header property in the soap request does not change behaviour.

 

Here are the raw header in SoapUI NG when i want to change User-Agent :

POST https://xxx.xxx.xxx/Authentification HTTP/1.1
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
User-Agent: SoapUI-metier
Content-Type: text/xml;charset=UTF-8
SOAPAction: ""
Host: xxx.xxx.xxx

Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive
User-Agent: Apache-HttpClient/4.1.1 (java 1.5)

 

And here a network dump of the headers :

CONNECT xxx.xxx.xxx:443 HTTP/1.1

Host: xxx.xxx.xxx

Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive

User-Agent: Apache-HttpClient/4.1.1 (java 1.5)

 

Is there any work-around to get the user-agent option working ?

 

Thanks.

Mathieu.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Regular Contributor

Re: User-Agent issue with SoapUI NG (trial)

Agree! Ready! API doesn't support CONNECT method at all!

 

 @bpcemat: In the screenshots shared, I hope the wireshark dump of second instance is a mismatched one. Is it?

 

Thanks,

Samy

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Community Hero

Re: User-Agent issue with SoapUI NG (trial)

See if this helps.

go to File -> Preferences -> Http Settings -> User-Agent Header, provide value.

 

preferences.png



Regards,
Rao.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: User-Agent issue with SoapUI NG (trial)

Smiley Sad I allready tried that. It is why I've got 2 User-Agent header in my raw data.

I suppose SoapUI does not remove de default User-Agent of the Apache Library and erase my own settings when generating requests.

 

Thanks.

Community Hero

Re: User-Agent issue with SoapUI NG (trial)

Some how I could see what I have as user-agent value in preferences, Tried on  SoapUI 4.x, 5.x

 

POST http://10.0.0.1:8080/eml/services/router HTTP/1.1
Connection: close
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/46.0.2490.80 Safari/537.36
Content-Type: text/xml;charset=UTF-8
SOAPAction: "RecordAction"
Authorization: Basic YWRtaW46YWRtaW4=
Content-Length: 6491
Host: 10.0.0.1:8080

Could not reproduce, somehow. Could not try on ReadyAPI though.

This is for soap request only.



Regards,
Rao.
Occasional Contributor

Re: User-Agent issue with SoapUI NG (trial)

Thanks for your test, you gave me an idea, I'm progressing.

 

 

I'm in an enterprise network and use a proxy to connect soap sites. My problem occurs when SoapUI orders the proxy to connect an SLL soap server. The CONNECT request does not have the defined User-Agent (and that's my problem), maybe the soap requests inside the SSL tunnel will have it but i can't tell.

 

I'm looking for a work-around, but I'm not optimistic.

 

 

Best regards.

Regular Contributor

Re: User-Agent issue with SoapUI NG (trial)

In your case,it sounds to be an issue with the environment you test! I could not even able to reproduce this issue in SoapUI Pro 5.2 in an enterprise network. As a work around, I would suggest you to manually edit the request passed by SoapUI through some web debugger tools like Fiddler, HTTP Watch, Burp Suite etc.,

 

Fiddler integration with SoapUI - Refernece - http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/249303/Testing-and-Monitoring-WCF-Service-using-soapUI-an

 

Thanks,

Samy

 

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others, Thanks. ↓↓↓

Occasional Contributor

Re: User-Agent issue with SoapUI NG (trial)

Hi Samy,

 

Here are outputs when I use an http site trough a proxy :

 

soap_http.png

 

wireshark dump :

 

dump_soap_http.png

 

 

Now traces for httpS request (I only add an 's' in the url, same request)  :

 

 

soap_https.png

 

Wireshark dump :

 

dump_soap_https.png

 

 

As you can see, SoapUI does not add my user-agent in this case. I don't know if it is the attended behaviour for soap developpers, but it is problematic for my company, we can't use SoapUi in our environment Smiley Sad

 

 

Best regards.

Community Hero

Re: User-Agent issue with SoapUI NG (trial)

Please see this and note that there is nothing set in the preferences -> User-Agent. Instead stead Header.

 

Selection_252.png



Regards,
Rao.
Community Hero

Re: User-Agent issue with SoapUI NG (trial)

Also note that it is using https


Regards,
Rao.
Occasional Contributor

Re: User-Agent issue with SoapUI NG (trial)

Hi,

 

 

I made a lot of tests, and it appears the problem is only with the CONNECT method used to reach https sites trough proxies. Get or Post have the correct user-agent set. I find a work-around by using fiddler and fixing my user-agent in it.

 

 

Thanks for all.