Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestSuite Fails but all test cases are Passed

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

TestSuite Fails but all test cases are Passed

Hi,

One of my TestSuite is showing FAILED (over all status in red at TestSuite level) but ALL Test Cases under this TestSuite are getting PASSED. Because of this my Report is shown in RED.

Could you please provide me solution to overcome on this issue ?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

There is a ReadyAPI feature request to re-run failed Test Cases and/or Test Suites and update their status, but there is no ETA for this yet.

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Community Hero

Reproducible steps please?

Regards,
Rao.
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @kansmart123,

I agree with Rao - we need more information. Could you please describe the issue in detail? What is the expected and current behavior?

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Sorry for late response, got stuck in official deleiverables. 

However, please see steps below -

1. One of my TestSuite (JCPCustomerLookup) has 7 Test Cases

2. Run this TestSuite

3. All Test Cases PASSED except one Test Case 

4. Failed Test Case re-ran automatically because of attached scripts (Re-ran Scripts) which is written under Teardown scripts at TestSuite level. As result - It is PASSED in 2nd round of execution

Now, all Test Cases are PASSED under this TestSuite but overall Status is showing in red for TestSuite.

And It's generated report is showing Failed with one Test Case.

For details, please see attached.  

Highlighted

yes, provided re-producable steps. 

Highlighted

Have you tried re-run of entire suite instead of just one test case and see if you notice the same result?

Regards,
Rao.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I tried to run entire suite but same problem. 

Highlighted

Hi. It seems that test suite result is updated at the end of the test suite launch. After that, if a specific test case is re-launched (in your case) and not the entire test suite, the global test suite status is not updated.

You may try to force test suite status to be recomputed. I have never done that.

An other idea is to try to relaunch test case if its fail before its end, for example with a conditional or groovy step :

If at least one test step is failed, go to first test step
Highlighted

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

@kansmart123, was the issue resolved? Please let us know the solution you've found.

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Highlighted

No. This is NOT resolved yet. 

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors