Forum Discussion

saurabhsharma09
Contributor
11 years ago

[Res] Facing NullPointer Exception on opening Test Case

Hi,

I am facing NullPointer Exception on opening TestCase in SoapUI.
SoapUI Version Installed is 4.6.2
This Issue came after i cloned any existing "Assertion TestStep" in the Test Case.
Not able to remove the "Assertion TestStep" either and getting NullPointer Exception in this case also.
refer attached screenshot below and SoapUI logs for reference.
This is my first post so please let me know in case i am supposed to provide any other information.

Thanks,

6 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    This looks like a known issue (SOAP-709) encountered with a cloned assertion test step. It still looks like the issue is present in latest version (v4.6.3).

Can you try the workaround of cloning the whole test case and then removing the Assertion test step? Let me know if that works.

Thanks,
    Michael Giller
    SmartBear Software
  • I cloned test case as suggested but still not able to remove "Assertion TestStep" from the cloned OR original test case.
    getting same NullPointer exception.

Thanks,
    SmartBear_Suppo
    OK. Sorry the workaround of cloning the test case didn't work. Another workaround would be to create an empty test case and copy other non-assertion steps.

Thanks,
    Michael Giller
    SmartBear Software
  • The workaround to Create an empty test case and copy non-assertion steps worked
    Is this defect going to be fixed soon? as i am In dilemma now regarding whether to use Assertion Step in my SoapUI Project or Not.
    though Assertion Step is the only way I know as of now to group assertions with Boolean logic.
    Please suggest.

Thanks,
    SmartBear_Suppo
    I don't see the issue been worked on at the moment, and the prioritization of issues is up to the dev team and the product owner.

As the issue is only with the cloned assertion test step, I would still use Assertion test step and group your assertions there. Just be careful not to clone it in the meantime.

Thanks,
    Michael Giller
    SmartBear Software
  • Cool.

Will use Assertion Test Step and remember not to clone the same.
    Thanks for the suggestion.

Regards,