cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving and copying Child resources

Frequent Contributor

Moving and copying Child resources

Hi,

would it be possible to add functionalities for moving and copying Child resources under root or some other resources?
I'd be something like TestSuites and TestCases - I can move/copy TestCase to different TestSuite.
It would be nice to have this opportunity also for Resources

An example (picture attached below):
I have Interface named "Example" with two Resources ("RootResource 1" and "RootResource 2").
"RootResource 1" contains 2 child resources ("SubResource 1" and "SubResource 2") and "RootResource 2" contains just 1 child resource "SubResource 3".
In current versions of SoapUI, there is no possibility to move/copy the "SubResource 2" under "RootResource 2".

So, would it be possible to implement these functionalities (for copy and for move)?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Marek
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Moving and copying Child resources

Hi Marek,

Thanks for your suggestion. This sounds useful. We'll discuss it in the team.

Best regards,
Manne

Join the annual community event and share your stories to win gifts
Wintertainment2019
Highlighted

Hi,

I have added your feature suggestion to our internal issue tracker (SOAP-883). This is up for prioritization.

Regards,
Shadid
SmartBear Sweden

Join the annual community event and share your stories to win gifts
Wintertainment2019
Visitor

Cizo89 suggested that a CR i asked for is related:

http://community.smartbear.com/t5/Ready-API-Feature-Requests/Sort-REST-resources-by-name/idc-p/11209...

My CR is that it would be possible to sort resources by method name/url (any one of them would do, but of course having both would be best).

Believe me - everyone in my team (~20 ppl) says that this is what SOAP-UI misses most.