Forum Discussion

jkrier
Regular Contributor
10 years ago

LoadTestRunner failing in x64 v5.1.2 windows

When I try to launch the LoadTestRunner the following error is being thrown.

Running SoapUI LoadTestRunner for [CatalogFacadeRedesign]
directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\SoapUI-Pro-5.1.2\bin
command: cmd.exe /C loadtestrunner.bat -sCatalogFacade -cCatalogFacade -l"Cluster Refactor Baseline" -r -f"G:\2 Business Operations\Deployment Operations\QA\Cluster Redesigns\Catalog Facade\Test Runs\640_Threads_30_min_Pre-deploy" -R"Data Export" -F CSV -EDefault -tC:\Users\jkrier\soapui-settings.xml "G:\2 Business Operations\Deployment Operations\QA\Cluster Redesigns\Catalog Facade\CatalogFacadeRedesign.xml"
'loadtestrunner.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

10 Replies

jkrier
    Regular Contributor
    If run the command

loadtestrunner.bat -sCatalogFacade -cCatalogFacade -l"Cluster Refactor Baseline" -r -f"G:\2 Business Operations\Deployment Operations\QA\Cluster Redesigns\Catalog Facade\Test Runs\640_Threads_30_min_Pre-deploy" -R"Data Export" -F CSV -EDefault -tC:\Users\jkrier\soapui-settings.xml "G:\2 Business Operations\Deployment Operations\QA\Cluster Redesigns\Catalog Facade\CatalogFacadeRedesign.xml"

from the command line the project runs without issue.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

This is a windows issue and not a SoapUI Pro issue. I just ran the following command and it worked fine.

C:\Program Files\SmartBear\SoapUI-Pro-5.1.2\bin>cmd /C loadtestrunner.bat
    SoapUI Pro 5.1.2 LoadTest Runner
    usage: loadtestrunner [options] <soapui-project-file>

Regards,
    Marcus
    SmartBear Support
    jkrier
    Regular Contributor
    If I run

loadtestrunner.bat -sCatalogFacade -cCatalogFacade -l"Cluster Refactor Baseline" -r -f"G:\2 Business Operations\Deployment Operations\QA\Cluster Redesigns\Catalog Facade\Test Runs\TEST" -R"Data Export" -F CSV -EDefault -tC:\Users\jkrier\soapui-settings.xml "G:\2 Business Operations\Deployment Operations\QA\Cluster Redesigns\Catalog Facade\CatalogFacadeRedesign.xml"

from the Windows command line it runs without error. If I try and launch the LoadTestRunner from inside of the SoapUI client, it fails.

The command I am using was generated by the SoapUI client.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hello,

That is a known issue unfortunately. Please use loadtestrunner from the command line until that is resolved.

Regards,
    Marcus
    SmartBear Support
    jkrier
    Regular Contributor
    Hi Marcus,

Just some information that might be useful. I was running 5.1.2 32 bit and LoadTestRunner was launching without issue. I needed to add more heap memory so I uninstalled it and installed 5.1.2 64 and that's when I encountered the problem. I also have 4.6.3 32 and it now fails to LoadTestRunner, whereas it worked prior to me installing 5.1.2 64
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi,

As I said previously it's a known issue. Please use LoadTestRunner from the command line. I'm not sure if something triggers the issue or not but it does not work when launched from the GUI.

Regards,
    Marcus
    SmartBear Support
    jkrier
    Regular Contributor
    I understand that it's a known issue. My point was more to the fact that at one time it did work. Is it supposed to never work because it did work when I was using version 5.1.2 32 bit, it was only when I uninstalled it and installed 64 bit did I encounter the problem.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Are you still having the issue? I just took a look at your directory and command, seems like you are pointing to the 32 bit version instead of 64bit version.

directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\SoapUI-Pro-5.1.2\bin

Please be sure to correct this and then try again. Let me know if this works for you.

Regards,
    Temil
    jkrier
    Regular Contributor
    Good catch Temil, I pointed the runner to the correct instance and it is working. I never would have thought that it would pull in the old settings like that. Thanks for your help!
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Awesome! feel free to reach out to us if you have further issues.

Regards,
    Temil