Forum Discussion

blade
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

JSON Response tab displaying decimal values incorrectly compared to the actual RAW JSON Response

I have a REST API that returns JSON. See an example of a response below:

"Lines": [{
   "Amount": 5.0,
   "Cashback": 0.0,
   "Change": 0.0,
   "Forfeit": 0.0,
   "InclusiveTax": 0.84,
   "PaymentMethodId": 44,
   "ReceiptNumber": "24/0136",
   "Tip": 0.0,
   "CLMAccountType": 3,
   "Id": 10977524091755401,
   "Seats": [],
  }

As you can see the RAW Response contains a decimal place for Amount, Cashback, Change, Forfeit and Tip.

If I view this on the JSON tab in SoapUI NG Pro (Ready API 1.4.1), the decimal place is not getting displayed:

"Lines": [         {
            "Amount": 5,
            "Cashback": 0,
            "Change": 0,
            "Forfeit": 0,
            "InclusiveTax": 0.84,
            "PaymentMethodId": 44,
            "ReceiptNumber": "24/0136",
            "Tip": 0,
            "CLMAccountType": 3,
            "Id": 10977524091755401,
            "Seats": [],
         }

Is this a known issue(or limitation) in SoapUI? If it is an issue is there a fix planned?

Thanks,

• Again! The thread which I pointed says the issue was in 1.4.0 version and it was fixed in 1.4.1. Not sure about this behavior! Please give a try in the recent version 1.5.0 and let us know if you still see the issue.

Thanks,

Samy

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others, Thanks. ↓↓↓

4 Replies

kondasamy
    Regular Contributor

This is a known issue in 1.4.1 version and it should be fixed in the recent version 1.5.0. Please see this thread - http://community.smartbear.com/t5/SoapUI-NG/SoapUI-NG-Pro-1-4-0-JSON-Response-view-removing-decimal-points/m-p/104151/highlight/true#M24307

Please check your service response in recent version and let us know if you still face this issue.

Thanks,

Samy

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others, Thanks. ↓↓↓

kondasamy
      Regular Contributor

Again! The thread which I pointed says the issue was in 1.4.0 version and it was fixed in 1.4.1. Not sure about this behavior! Please give a try in the recent version 1.5.0 and let us know if you still see the issue.

Thanks,

Samy

blade
        Occasional Contributor

Thanks Samy,

It was actually me that made the original post to the forum. Forgot that I had done it.

Will try it out in 1.5.0. At the moment I am currently running 1.4.1 as I am having issues in 1.5.0 seperate to this.