cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to clone an entire project in Ready!API 1.8.5?

SOLVED
Occasional Contributor

Re: Is there a way to clone an entire project in Ready!API 1.8.5?

I need to have multiple copies of a *similar* project, because each customer of mine is separate, and I have to send the SOAP solution to them to assist them with their project.

This functionality worked in 1.8.0 (again!).  Please either fix this to how it was, or tell me how I can get back to version 1.8.0.

This is causing me to not proceed with my work,  

Someone either call me (my contact number is on file), or give me guidance on a work-around ASAP.

Thanks,

Dave

Occasional Contributor

New problem:  I wasn't getting the plus sign to open my other projects (they were grayed out on the left).  I think I figured out why.  Now when I open *any* other project, I always get the same one.  I think it's not separating my projects any longer. 

This is a show-stopper.  I cannot use this product as is.

Someone *must* contact me with a resolution immediately.

Community Hero

Have you removed 1.8.0 installation? You should be able to re-install,right? Please use the link mentioned in the previous message to report the issue with SmartBear team.

Regards,
Rao.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

The solution was to close Ready!API, go into each project, and change the "id" tag in the header of each project to be unique, then re-import each project.

It is a work-around, but I am able to reload projects now.

View solution in original post

Community Hero

Glad to know.

Regards,
Rao.
Staff

The other way to copy a project is to select TestSuites and move them to the new project. After that you should save the created project.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks!  I was having the same issue in the latest version 2.7 and this helped with that.  I kept getting a version 3 and version 4 overwritting each other.  Such a big help!!!

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Top Kudoed Authors