Forum Discussion

Donovan
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago

Groovy Script Save Raw Request

Hello Bears,

I have googled and googled and still can't figure this issue out. I'm UNABLE to save the "raw request" from my testSteps.

This code works correctly.

//Define the object for the collection of requests in the soapUI test case
def soapuiRequests = testRunner.testCase.getTestStepsOfType(com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.teststeps.WsdlTestRequestStep )

//Groovy Script to loop through each requests in the test case.
soapuiRequests.each
{
//Creating file name using current date and time
Date startTime = new Date();
def cur_Time = startTime.getMonth() + "_" + startTime.getDate();
cur_Time = cur_Time + "_" + startTime.getHours() + startTime.getMinutes() +startTime.getSeconds()
def fileName = it.name + "_" + cur_Time

def inputFileRequest = new File("C:/Users/mtdonovan/Documents/Amc/MobilityCrew 1.2/SoapUI/Results/"+ "Request_" + fileName+".txt")
def inputFileResponse = new File("C:/Users/mtdonovan/Documents/Amc/MobilityCrew 1.2/SoapUI/Results/"+ "Response_" + fileName+".txt")
//Writing soapUI response to the file
inputFileResponse.write(context.testCase.getTestStepByName(it.name).getProperty("response").value)

//Writing soapUI request to the file
inputFileRequest.write(context.testCase.getTestStepByName(it.name).getProperty("request").value)

}

log.info ("Completed Write")

--------------------------------------------------

I found the following code but I can't get it implemented. I need to get the Raw Request Not the Request with parameters.

messageExchange.getRequestContent().toString()

Please help

3 Replies

PaulDonny
    Regular Contributor
    testStep.getPropertyValue("rawRequest");

That will get your rawRequest from the property value. I am not positive where else it will be stored but that will likely be the easiest way to access it.
    PaulDonny
    Regular Contributor
    The default properties are stored in the testStep level under Custom Properties. Here is a snippet as an example. It contains a lot of useful stuff.
    Donovan
    Occasional Contributor
    Thank you, that works great.

Where did you find the values for getProperty()?