Forum Discussion

roryLIT
Contributor
11 years ago

Get testcase name using Groovy?

I have a testcase 1. Within this testcase 1 I have a Run TestCase step which consists of a groovy step. In this groovy step I want to get the name of the testcase 1. How would I do this using groovy?

I've tried testRunner.testCase.name in the groovy step but that gives me the name of the Run TestCase step

Thanks

Rory

3 Replies

PaulDonny
    Regular Contributor
    I am not understanding your issue and can not replicate it. What version of SoapUI are you using?

testRunner.testCase.setPropertyValue("Here",testRunner.testCase.getName());

That puts the name of the testCase being ran by Run Test Case (The one it directs to) into a testCase level property variable in it.
  • I'm using 4.6.0

I don't want the name of the testCase being ran by Run Test Case. I want the name of the testcase that contains the Run Test Case step. I want to be able to get this using groovy within the testcase that the Run TestCase is pointing to. Does this make sense? Sorry for any confusion

Thanks
    PaulDonny
    Regular Contributor
    I am not sure of a good way to perform this action.

You could store it as a project level property and that would probably be your best option. The main issue would be you would have to set something up to store it.

Since I have never attempted such a feat, there might be better options built into SoapUI. It will be a slightly more difficult task to perform though.