cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a property to Grid Datasource doesn't add a Column to existing values

New Contributor

Adding a property to Grid Datasource doesn't add a Column to existing values

I have created a GRID Datasource with 5 properties and have added 1 row of values for each. When I am trying add an additional property , it doesn't add a column to the existing Configuration. 

The only workaround is I have change the type from Grid to something else and come back to Grid , but then that wipes out all the data stored. 

Looks like this is a bug Or Am I doing something wrong here ?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Hero

Re: Adding a property to Grid Datasource doesn't add a Column to existing values

Hey @mithunbhat,

No....it'a definitely a defect....i've had a number of similar issues in versions 2.3 and 2.4 and 2.5.

Can you please raise a support ticket with Smartbear? They'll want to know about this...what version are you running?

Cheers,

Rich
if this helped answer the post, could you please mark it as 'solved'? Also if you consider whether the title of your post is relevant? Perhaps if the post is solved, it might make sense to update the title of the post to something more descriptive? This will help people when searching for problems.
New Contributor

Re: Adding a property to Grid Datasource doesn't add a Column to existing values

I am running version 2.8.0

Community Manager

Hi @mithunbhat,

I see your support case regarding this issue. The Support Team didn't reproduce the issue in their test lab. Could you please follow their recommendations to check if this helps?

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Join the September Hub-bub to show off, learn and win

Hi @mithunbhat,

It would be great if you could update us on your progress here regarding that support ticket. Was the investigation successful?

Olga Terentieva
SmartBear Assistant Community Manager

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Join the exciting event
SeptemberHubBub
Top Kudoed Authors
Join the September Hub-bub to show off, learn and win