Forum Discussion

grendal
New Contributor
15 years ago

2.5.1 unable to authenticate on Windows 2008 Server

Hi there,

Trying to connect to Dynamics GP Web Services WSDL from v2.5.1 on Windows 2008 Server. User being used is an administrator. Have exact same setup on Windows 2003 Server and it works fine.

Authentication is prompted for, details are entered correctly yet I get a 'pellet:80 requires Windows Authentication' message in the log. Pellet is the server.

Microsoft support say the won't support the connection of SoapUI as it's a testing tool, they've checked the GP installation and all looks fine in their eyes. Their testing tools also connect to the WSDL without any problems.

Any ideas?

Mark

2 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Mark,

chances are that your server is requiring NTLMv2 for authentication which isn't supported by soapUI (which only support NTLMv1). There is a registry setting you can change on the server so that it accepts NTLMv1 as well, would you be able to try that?

(check out http://support.microsoft.com/default.as ... us;Q239869 for details..)

Hope this helps, let us know!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
    grendal
    New Contributor
    Many thanks for the swift response.

I tried applying the registry setting and it had no effect.

However, what I've noticed is that when using the credentials of a standard domain user, the authentication is successful and the definitions are loaded. Yet when using an administrative user, the authentication is denied.

I've checked each user I'm using and there are no distinct differences. All rights granted to the standard user are granted to the administrative user.

Mark