Forum Discussion

pinkoobhatia
New Contributor
15 years ago

Unable to send a certificate with a soap request

soapUI gurus,
I am new to soapUI and so far have been successful in creating some basic scripts. My latest issue is, I am unable to send a certificate with a soap request for the server to read/authenticate.

Here are the steps I have taken so far:
1. Generated a keystore using java keytool & keytool -genkey -alias soapui -keyalg RSA -keystore .keystore. My keystore extension is .jks
2. Exported the certificate from the .jks file using keytool -export blah blah blah. I sent this certificate .cer to the security guy to set up the authenticator.
3. In soapUI, under my project, I have added this .jks file under Security Configurations --> Keystores/Certificates. The status = OK
4. I tried to add the certificate in the same place but I get "C:\POC\soapUI\soapuicert.cer < ="" failed="" to="" extract="" any="" certificates="" or="" private="" keys="" -="" maybe="" bad="" password="">" error. But I think, since .jks file is OK, it's all good.
5. Now it's just running one of my testcase. It fails on the last step. My soap response says
        [glow=red,2,300]Forbidden.  You are not allowed to access that resource.[/glow]
6. On the server log, it says, No certificate was attached

I have been stuck here for a while so any help/assistance will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Prashant

2 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

have you set your request to use this keystore? (in the bottom left properties panel)..

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • I thought I wasn't too dumb.. apparently you proved me wrong... good going Ole 

It worked. That was the step I was missing. I knew it was a small step but couldn't figure out what.

Thanks for the help and quick response.

Prashant