cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAPUI won't start, Error Log says "Constraint unknown: jdk.disabled.namedCurves"

SOLVED
hok
New Contributor

SOAPUI won't start, Error Log says "Constraint unknown: jdk.disabled.namedCurves"

Trying to start SoapUI 5.6.0 on Ubuntu 18.04 with Java 11 I see only the splash screen.

This version used to run on this computer; I belive some Ubuntu update caused the problem but I have no idea what to look for.

The error log shows the following exception:

2021-01-06 14:42:16,344 ERROR [errorlog] java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.ProtocolVersion.<init>(ProtocolVersion.java:158)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.ProtocolVersion.<clinit>(ProtocolVersion.java:41)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLContextImpl$AbstractTLSContext.<clinit>(SSLContextImpl.java:560)
at java.base/java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.base/java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:315)
at java.base/java.security.Provider$Service.getImplClass(Provider.java:1915)
at java.base/java.security.Provider$Service.newInstance(Provider.java:1891)
at java.base/sun.security.jca.GetInstance.getInstance(GetInstance.java:236)
at java.base/sun.security.jca.GetInstance.getInstance(GetInstance.java:164)
at java.base/javax.net.ssl.SSLContext.getInstance(SSLContext.java:168)
at org.apache.http.conn.ssl.SSLContextBuilder.build(SSLContextBuilder.java:162)
at org.apache.http.conn.ssl.SSLSocketFactory.<init>(SSLSocketFactory.java:289)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.http.SoapUISSLSocketFactory.<init>(SoapUISSLSocketFactory.java:59)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.http.HttpClientSupport$Helper.initSocketFactory(HttpClientSupport.java:309)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.http.HttpClientSupport$Helper.<init>(HttpClientSupport.java:200)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.http.HttpClientSupport.<clinit>(HttpClientSupport.java:70)
at com.eviware.soapui.DefaultSoapUICore.initSettings(DefaultSoapUICore.java:374)
at com.eviware.soapui.SwingSoapUICore.initSettings(SwingSoapUICore.java:99)
at com.eviware.soapui.DefaultSoapUICore.init(DefaultSoapUICore.java:141)
at com.eviware.soapui.StandaloneSoapUICore.<init>(StandaloneSoapUICore.java:38)
at com.eviware.soapui.SoapUI$SoapUIRunner.run(SoapUI.java:791)
at java.desktop/java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:313)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:770)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:721)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:715)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:85)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:740)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:203)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:124)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:113)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:109)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:90)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Error in security property. Constraint unknown: jdk.disabled.namedCurves
at java.base/sun.security.util.DisabledAlgorithmConstraints$Constraints.<init>(DisabledAlgorithmConstraints.java:329)
at java.base/sun.security.util.DisabledAlgorithmConstraints.<init>(DisabledAlgorithmConstraints.java:100)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLAlgorithmConstraints.<clinit>(SSLAlgorithmConstraints.java:45)
... 34 more

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
richie
Community Hero

Re: SOAPUI won't start, Error Log says "Constraint unknown: jdk.disabled.namedCurves"

Hey @hok

Im running soapui-5.6.0 with openjdk 11 on debian so i cant attempt to reproduce, but i did have a look around for your error response.

Obviously whatever ubuntu update occurred has kakked your soapui. Could you speak to system admin about what recent updates occurred and rollback?

I did find something on stackoverflow that suggested looking at the different versions of java on your system cos perhaps this could cause the issue to manifest. I dont really think this will help, but if you cant rollback your update its at least giving a quick look at the different java installed via different apps, intellij, soapui, etc., etc. and see if there could be a clash caused by the recent ubuntu update?

Other than that im limited to suggesting trying to reinstall soapui and your java.

Thats all i got im afraid!

Nice one

Rich
if this helped answer the post, could you please mark it as 'solved'? Also if you consider whether the title of your post is relevant? Perhaps if the post is solved, it might make sense to update the Subject header field of the post to something more descriptive? This will help people when searching for problems. Ta

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
richie
Community Hero

Re: SOAPUI won't start, Error Log says "Constraint unknown: jdk.disabled.namedCurves"

Hey @hok

Im running soapui-5.6.0 with openjdk 11 on debian so i cant attempt to reproduce, but i did have a look around for your error response.

Obviously whatever ubuntu update occurred has kakked your soapui. Could you speak to system admin about what recent updates occurred and rollback?

I did find something on stackoverflow that suggested looking at the different versions of java on your system cos perhaps this could cause the issue to manifest. I dont really think this will help, but if you cant rollback your update its at least giving a quick look at the different java installed via different apps, intellij, soapui, etc., etc. and see if there could be a clash caused by the recent ubuntu update?

Other than that im limited to suggesting trying to reinstall soapui and your java.

Thats all i got im afraid!

Nice one

Rich
if this helped answer the post, could you please mark it as 'solved'? Also if you consider whether the title of your post is relevant? Perhaps if the post is solved, it might make sense to update the Subject header field of the post to something more descriptive? This will help people when searching for problems. Ta

View solution in original post

hok
New Contributor

Hi @richie , thanks for your reply.

It was indeed related to an Ubuntu upgrade: the JRE.

I had used java 11.8 to run SOAPUI, because the bundled JRE 8 didn't work and wasn't replaced during upgrade. So I had copied 11.8 to SOAPUI's jre folder. See my other post .

Meanwhile jre 11.8 was replaced by 11.9 in Ubuntu, which added a new property jdk.disabled.namedCurves .

The property was apparently configured somewhere on my PC, but the old jre in SOAPUI was unable to understand it.

So again I copied the jre (11.9) to SOAPUI, now it works.

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors