Forum Discussion

subra7978
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

Put Object to AWS S3 using multipart/form-data

I am trying to upload an image file to AWS S3 using HTTP PUT in a REST project. I have tried the following:

(1) Use a multipart attachment did not work because SoapUI inserted attachment headers which AWS inserted as part of the file. I read there was an option to disable multiparts, but could not find it. 

(2) I used the following Groovy script to read the image into a single-byte string inserted the result of teh script into the payload of the request. This alsmost worked. But the iso-8859-1 encoding changed some bytes and corrupted the image. 

import org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils;
def filename = "path/to/file/name";
File file = new File(filename);
def str = new String(file.readBytes());
return str;

Please help. 

4 Replies

kondasamy
    Regular Contributor

The safest way to deal with multipart request is to use the attachment option in SoapUI. We can help with appropriate solution if you share a sample request the AWS is expecting.

Thanks,

Kondasamy

subra7978
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply. In the screenshot above, one can see the raw multipart request from Soapui that has inserted a header for the attachment. I then downloaded the uploaded file from AWS S3 and a file "diff" with the original image shows the header has been included in the file content. So I gather AWS does not expect this multipart header. It counts everything after the message header as payload.