Forum Discussion

mayurnavle
Occasional Contributor
12 years ago

HOW TO CREATE CUSTOMIZE REPORT IN SOAP UI Open Source

Hi,

I am using soap ui, wants to know how to create .pdf report in soap ui open source version.
Also how to use assretions in groovy for checking the the whether the testcase is passed or fail.

Mayur

8 Replies

mayurnavle
    Occasional Contributor
    thanks..
    I know reporting is feature of soapui pro but we are using open source version so could you please help me how to do it using open source version????

Regards
    Mayur
    mayurnavle
    Occasional Contributor
    hi,thanks again,

but by using grrovy script we can create report also,coz i have done data driven project using using groovy script in that i hace used csv file in the same way we can do for the pdf report.

I m facing problem in how to identify passed or failed test in groovy at least if you help me there in finding how to track passed or failed test case in groovy script that will be great help for me.

Thanks & Regards,
    Mayur
    redfish4ktc2
    Super Contributor
    ok, I did not understand that your question is "I want to know the status (pass/fail) of all testcases in order to produce a pdf report", and you will generate the pdf by your own

regarding your question about using groovy, see the following posts:
    * viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14270&hilit=groovy+test+status
    * viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18042&p=41657&hilit=groovy+test+status#p41657
    or search in the forum (search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=groovy+test+status)
    mayurnavle
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanks for the given links I tried using the same but unable to genrate report.

So could you please tell me any approach way to genrate customized report in soap ui open source version??

Many thanks
    Mayur
  • Sorry, but I can't help but think that you would save a lot of money by purchasing SoapUI Pro, instead of spending days/weeks scripting DataSources and custom reports in a language that you're unfamiliar with.

May I ask why getting Pro is not an option?
    mayurnavle
    Occasional Contributor
    thanks again

And answer for your question is our company wants to use open source things to reduce the cost of projects.

Thanks & regards,
    Mayur