cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Driven Testing - in Soapui Free version

SOLVED
Occasional Contributor

Data Driven Testing - in Soapui Free version

Can some one please help me how to perform Data Driven Test in soapui opensource for SOA application.

Thank You,

Janu.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Hero

Re: Data Driven Testing - in Soapui Free version

Frequent Contributor

Open source SoapUI does not provide out of the box user interface to create Data Driven Tests. This is a PRO version feature (see this tutorial).

However, you can make a groovy script to loop at the test case level and in each run retrieve data and invoke the target service. You can get data from filesystem, database or any other data source and use them to build a service request.

See the following thread, where looping is explained.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Community Hero

Frequent Contributor

Open source SoapUI does not provide out of the box user interface to create Data Driven Tests. This is a PRO version feature (see this tutorial).

However, you can make a groovy script to loop at the test case level and in each run retrieve data and invoke the target service. You can get data from filesystem, database or any other data source and use them to build a service request.

See the following thread, where looping is explained.

View solution in original post

Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the reply  Mr Rao 

Occasional Contributor

Thank you KarelHusa for the reply. 

Regular Visitor

Hi Friends,

I am using soap ui open source tool and want to do parametrisation.

I guess this will be done only using groovy scripting.

My Requirement:

Have 10 different test data in a excel sheet.

Need to capture the response for the 10 different test data and ensure the results.

Could you please help me.

Frequent Contributor

Yes, you can achieve this with Groovy scripting. There are several threads about test case looping, some of them are mentioned above.

If you get stuck at some point, feel free to ask, but please start a new thread then.

Karel

Community Hero

I believe your post is watched in Stackoverflow. You get lot of example if you wish to use excel either in this forum or online. The thing is that you need to use apache-poi libraries, this library it self has lot of examples.

More over, if you wish to use csv files, it is more easy in groovy script along with a good library called groovycsv which is availble on github https://github.com/xlson/groovycsv.

Regards,
Rao.
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Watch the new Interview
Top Kudoed Authors