Forum Discussion

obruxelle
Occasional Visitor
3 years ago

"class" in JSON wrongly interpreted?

Hello,

while working on SoapUI 5.6.0, we are facing issues with the content of the reply in the JSON tab being different from the Raw tab.

Raw data with key "class" well returned:

While in JSON the "class" key is missing:

Is there a way to avoid this or is this a bug of SoapUI interpreting the "class" key?

Thanks for your help.

1 Reply

richie
    Community Hero

Hey obruxelle 

well - I never saw an issue in SoapUI like that before!  I think that's a defect.

I'm assuming the RAW is correct and the JSON tab is incorrect?

I'm wondering if you'd still get the problem if you forced the response to be in XML instead of json?  perhaps there's an issue with the jsonparser that's the cause of this (probably not - cos it displays ok in the RAW I'm guessing....) - but still.

If on your request (that generates this weird response), you add in an 'Accept' header with the value 'application/xml' - this will force the response to be returned with Content-Type header value of application/xml (payload will be xml).  I'm wondering if you'd still get this disparity you're seeing if you use the xmlparser rather than the jsonparser?

Worth a try maybe?   you're not really losing anything shifting from one to another....

ta

Rich