Forum Discussion

paranoid56
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago

how do you update a wadl?

i have searched and have found that smarbear is behind the curve a but with wadl, how are you guys getting around this issue? any step by steps?

Thanks

8 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Would you explain the problem being faced with details as that will help some to answer? Also what is the version being used? And what have you done so far to achieve this?
    paranoid56
    Occasional Contributor
    Sorry about that.
    currently using SoapUI 5.0.0
    I have added our wadl to my project. now, the devs have updated the wadl and i need to update my wadl list. at my last job, we also used soap, but used wsdls, and that feature had a "refresh wsdl" or something like that. so it would grab any new ones that showed up in the wsdl URL. for wadls we dont seem to have that. I thought i could just removed and re add the wadl but that would mess up all the soap tests that are associated to them.
    nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Thank you for the details.

If you are using SoapUI 5.0, and wadl is online (available/hosted on web) then you should be able to update as per below screen shot (marked in yellow) by double clicking on Interface and navigate to WADL content tab, then click on refresh. However, am not sure about offline wadl file.
    paranoid56
    Occasional Contributor
    is that the pro version? i dont see it on my screen.
    paranoid56
    Occasional Contributor
    weird, i wonder if its how we created the wadls? as i just tried importing one from an external source and i saw the refresh icon. hmm
      nmrao
      Champion Level 3

So, I understand you could proceed.Right?

peterk
        Occasional Contributor

I am using SoapUI 5.5.0 (free)
        I have imported a wadl and written many tests for it.
        The wadl has now been changed.
        How do I update the wadl so that I can add new tests ?