Forum Discussion

PeterT
Occasional Contributor
17 years ago

Using user-defined java (or groovy) class in script

Hi there

So, I'm finally getting a bit of a handle on SoapUI and Groovy.  One thing (at the moment) that I'm having trouble with is using a user-defined java class in my Groovy Script. 

I've made a very basic class, Test.java, which just returns a string. I've compiled it and put both the .java and .class file in the \soapUI-2.0.2\bin\ext folder and imported the package in my script.  When I try to run the script however it cannot resolve the new object that I created (e.g. def t = new Test()). 

I know that this should be doable and I'm sure I just haven't put the .class file in the right location or something like that.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Cheers

Peter

5 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Peter,

you need to package your class file in a jar archive and then put that .jar file in the bin\ext folder.

Hope this helps!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
    PeterT
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Ole

Actually I did that and while I could see in the command window that it was picking up the .jar file it still didn't recognise the object I was trying to create. Perhaps I screwed up creating my .jar, will give it another go.

Thanks for your help again.

Cheers

Peter
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Ok, hope it works better this time, let me know if we can help some more!

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    Pesotska
    New Contributor
    Hi,

I have also the problem  with user-defined java class in Groovy script

I've made a very basic class Test.java, which returns a string.
    I have packaged Test.class in a jar archive and then put test.jar file in the soapUI-2.0.2\bin\ext folder.

Groovy script:

import soapuitest.*

def test = new soapuitest.Test()[/font:1zzjuces]

By script Running:

org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException:
    startup failed, Script14.groovy: 3: unable to resolve class mysoapuitest.GenerateExternalBookingId @ line 3, column 14.
    org.codehaus.groovy.syntax.SyntaxException: unable to resolve class mysoapuitest.GenerateExternalBookingId @ line 3,
    column 14. at org.codehaus.groovy.ast.ClassCodeVisitorSupport.addError(ClassCodeVisitorSupport.java:113)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.control.ResolveVisitor.resolveOrFail(ResolveVisitor.java:132)

Could someone help me?

Best regards,
    Liliya
    Pesotska
    New Contributor
    Sorry!

It functions nevertheless, error lay in the JAR!

Best regards,
    Liliya