Forum Discussion

N78A
Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Using like operator in JDBC soapui

data in databasesoapui_JDBC_Request

Hi,

I am trying to run below query but it does not work.

select * from <table> where row_key like ':custId%'

where ":custId" is parametrized to fetch the custId from excel sheet and I want to get the records from database which are having  combination of custId (from excel sheet) , '|' and timestamp. please refer image attached for exact data.

If  I try to execute below , it works fine, but I need to use :custId from excel sheet. Please refer to image attached for my JDBC request.

select * from <table> where row_key like '1012|%'

• Problem is resolved, I used below query to use 'like' in soapui jdbc.

SELECT * FROM (SELECT * FROM <table> where row_key like concat(:custId,'%') )

3 Replies

• It looks like you're trying to use Oracle parameter expansion. Try something like this:

context.expand('${Your JDBC step name#ResponseAsXml#//Results[1]/ResultSet[1]/Row[1]/custId[1]}')

You can also right-click in the query window and click 'Get Data' and then select the node directly. This is of course assuming you are only getting one custId per query

N78A
      Contributor

Hi Justin,

Thanks for your reply but I am not picking anything from response. that is a seperate step, as of now I am trying to fetch the data against :custId  from oracle database [which in turn I am fetching from excel sheet (in JDBC test step by parameterizing) ]and trying to get records from oracle database after making a connectivity between JDBC step & my oracle database.

I just want to fetch the records from oracle database against custId defined in jdbc test step properties using "like".

N78A
        Contributor

Problem is resolved, I used below query to use 'like' in soapui jdbc.

SELECT * FROM (SELECT * FROM <table> where row_key like concat(:custId,'%') )