Forum Discussion

molib
New Contributor
7 years ago

SoapUIExtensions issue

Hi,

I've seen 2 or 3 topics about SoapUIExtensions but none solved my problem.

I've been able to successfully load the necessary files in SoapUI but while running a test case I don't even get any entries in SoapUI script log tab, denoting any groovy script was executed. Is there anything else I should do apart from the actions described in the README file?

Thanks for any hint.

4 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    The description does not help to understand the issue that you face. Would you mind elaborate a bit more?
    molib
    New Contributor

Thanks for your reply. I'll try to describe it better

I have downloaded SoapUIExtnesions library and installed the files like below:
    %SOAPUI_HOME%/bin/listeners
    %SOAPUI_HOME%/bin/scripts
    %SOAPUI_HOME%/ext/SoapUIExtListeners.jar

SOAPUI_HOME environment variable has been set up so everything was done according to the readme.
    Starting with your default scripts I would expect to see the "log.info" messages in the SoapUI/script log but it's not a case. I've been trying to test with the following TestCaseBeforeRun.groovy:

log.info 'In before test case run'
    testCase.setPropertyValue('MyTest','admin')

Unfortunately MyTest property is not being set and if I'm not wrong I should be able to see it on a test case level.

Thanks.

nmrao
      Champion Level 3
      What is your SOAPUI_HOME path? jar file has to be copied under SOAPUI_HOME/bin/ext directory.

Have you restarted the tool after placing the jar?
      Please check the log files.
      You may alternatively open command prompt and run the tool from SOPUI_HOME/bin/soapui utility; so that you can see, what is going on, on the command line
      nmrao
      Champion Level 3
      I would appreciate if you follow the readme correctly and let me know if any feedback to improve or missing some steps or instructions to get started (for the users) with this library.