Forum Discussion

Anakriss
New Contributor
5 years ago

Soap UI 5.5

I am trying to package this software and I have an App-V and an MSI version. When launched as an Admin account it executes correctly, when launched as a locked down user the applications appears to freeze and hang. We use AppLocker and the following file appears to be being blocked by the AppLocker Policy ...
%OSDRIVE%\USERS\<USERNAME>\APPDATA\LOCAL\TEMP\PROXY_VOLE5126639790038940078.DLL

Is there a way (via a configuration file that I can get this DLL or any others that are being generated during the application launch to be redirected to another location as my organisation does not allow application .DLLs to reside or run from the user's profile.

Any help on the above would be greatly appreciated.

4 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Not sure what you mean by "trying to package this software". Are you building it from git?
      Anakriss
      New Contributor

Hi Rao,

I am repackagin the software to be delivered vis SCCM for our development community. As I explained in my previous post the software only launches for users who have admin rights but not for users who have standard locked down accounts as SOAP UI creates a file in

%OSDRIVE%\USERS\TCOOKE\APPDATA\LOCAL\TEMP\PROXY_VOLE5126639790038940078.DLL

and our group policies don not allow for users to read from their local\temp directory.

My questiin is, is there a way to possibly redirect the creation of the file PROXY_VOLE5126639790038940078.DLL to another location of my chosing which will allow the softwar to functon correctly?

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

nmrao
        Champion Level 3
        Sorry don't know the answer.

Isn't the developer able to download and install without repackaging you are doing? But curious, what's the use case benefit?