Forum Discussion

simc1978
New Contributor
12 years ago

Saving soapui file without test results

I was wondering if it would be possible to save a file without the test results, the reson being that it makes configuration control hard due to there being many changesin the results obscuring changes in the test. Ideally being able to split the tests and test results in the same way as JUnit tests of other test frameworks would be ideal so that we don't have to check in test results.

6 Replies

• Hello,

As this question doesn't seem to be answered I'll ask it again. Is it possible to save a SoapUI project file (XML) in a way that it DOES NOT include the test results? Having the results saved in the XML causes a merge nigthmare in our source control tool.

So far SoapUI seems to be a great tool, but if the above thing is not possible then collaborative work is almost impossible with it!

kondasamy
      Regular Contributor

Just a suggestion! In ideal scenarios without SCM, SoapUI ignores test results when we are exiting and saving the project. I guess you are checking into SCM when SoapUI is open, that makes it to keep test results appended to the project file. Could you please try closing SoapUI and then checkin the project file to SCM.

Please share if you found a different solution!

Thanks,

Samy

nmrao
      Champion Level 3
      How and when (sequence of steps) to reproduce what you are say?