Forum Discussion

hok
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

SOAPUI won't start, Error Log says "Constraint unknown: jdk.disabled.namedCurves"

Trying to start SoapUI 5.6.0 on Ubuntu 18.04 with Java 11 I see only the splash screen.

This version used to run on this computer; I belive some Ubuntu update caused the problem but I have no idea what to look for.

The error log shows the following exception:

2021-01-06 14:42:16,344 ERROR [errorlog] java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.ProtocolVersion.<init>(ProtocolVersion.java:158)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.ProtocolVersion.<clinit>(ProtocolVersion.java:41)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLContextImpl$AbstractTLSContext.<clinit>(SSLContextImpl.java:560)
at java.base/java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.base/java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:315)
at java.base/java.security.Provider$Service.getImplClass(Provider.java:1915)
at java.base/java.security.Provider$Service.newInstance(Provider.java:1891)
at java.base/sun.security.jca.GetInstance.getInstance(GetInstance.java:236)
at java.base/sun.security.jca.GetInstance.getInstance(GetInstance.java:164)
at java.base/javax.net.ssl.SSLContext.getInstance(SSLContext.java:168)
at org.apache.http.conn.ssl.SSLContextBuilder.build(SSLContextBuilder.java:162)
at org.apache.http.conn.ssl.SSLSocketFactory.<init>(SSLSocketFactory.java:289)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.http.SoapUISSLSocketFactory.<init>(SoapUISSLSocketFactory.java:59)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.http.HttpClientSupport$Helper.initSocketFactory(HttpClientSupport.java:309)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.http.HttpClientSupport$Helper.<init>(HttpClientSupport.java:200)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.http.HttpClientSupport.<clinit>(HttpClientSupport.java:70)
at com.eviware.soapui.DefaultSoapUICore.initSettings(DefaultSoapUICore.java:374)
at com.eviware.soapui.SwingSoapUICore.initSettings(SwingSoapUICore.java:99)
at com.eviware.soapui.DefaultSoapUICore.init(DefaultSoapUICore.java:141)
at com.eviware.soapui.StandaloneSoapUICore.<init>(StandaloneSoapUICore.java:38)
at com.eviware.soapui.SoapUI$SoapUIRunner.run(SoapUI.java:791)
at java.desktop/java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:313)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:770)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:721)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:715)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:85)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:740)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:203)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:124)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:113)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:109)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:90)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Error in security property. Constraint unknown: jdk.disabled.namedCurves
at java.base/sun.security.util.DisabledAlgorithmConstraints$Constraints.<init>(DisabledAlgorithmConstraints.java:329)
at java.base/sun.security.util.DisabledAlgorithmConstraints.<init>(DisabledAlgorithmConstraints.java:100)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLAlgorithmConstraints.<clinit>(SSLAlgorithmConstraints.java:45)
... 34 more

• Hey hok

Im running soapui-5.6.0 with openjdk 11 on debian so i cant attempt to reproduce, but i did have a look around for your error response.

Obviously whatever ubuntu update occurred has kakked your soapui. Could you speak to system admin about what recent updates occurred and rollback?

I did find something on stackoverflow that suggested looking at the different versions of java on your system cos perhaps this could cause the issue to manifest. I dont really think this will help, but if you cant rollback your update its at least giving a quick look at the different java installed via different apps, intellij, soapui, etc., etc. and see if there could be a clash caused by the recent ubuntu update?

Other than that im limited to suggesting trying to reinstall soapui and your java.

Thats all i got im afraid!

Nice one

Rich

2 Replies

richie
    Community Hero
    Hey hok

Im running soapui-5.6.0 with openjdk 11 on debian so i cant attempt to reproduce, but i did have a look around for your error response.

Obviously whatever ubuntu update occurred has kakked your soapui. Could you speak to system admin about what recent updates occurred and rollback?

I did find something on stackoverflow that suggested looking at the different versions of java on your system cos perhaps this could cause the issue to manifest. I dont really think this will help, but if you cant rollback your update its at least giving a quick look at the different java installed via different apps, intellij, soapui, etc., etc. and see if there could be a clash caused by the recent ubuntu update?

Other than that im limited to suggesting trying to reinstall soapui and your java.

Thats all i got im afraid!

Nice one

Rich
      hok
      New Contributor

Hi richie , thanks for your reply.

It was indeed related to an Ubuntu upgrade: the JRE.

I had used java 11.8 to run SOAPUI, because the bundled JRE 8 didn't work and wasn't replaced during upgrade. So I had copied 11.8 to SOAPUI's jre folder. See my other post .

Meanwhile jre 11.8 was replaced by 11.9 in Ubuntu, which added a new property jdk.disabled.namedCurves .

The property was apparently configured somewhere on my PC, but the old jre in SOAPUI was unable to understand it.

So again I copied the jre (11.9) to SOAPUI, now it works.