Forum Discussion

ecoly
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

SOAPUI thread end troubleshooting

Hello guys,

I got a big problem using open source version of soapui. I got a server that run permantly and that load wsdl project and run them when a network client ask it.

But when I look the jvm status on my java server with visual vm I see a lot of test suite runner threads that are never end.

This is how a part of my code work :

public class MyTestCaseRunner extends AbstractSoapUITestRunner implements TestSuiteRunListener, ProjectRunListener {

@Override
  public boolean runRunner(){

final WsdlProject project = XXX.loadWsdlProject(path);

initProjectProperties(project);

project.run(new StringToObjectMap(), false);

}

}

Each time I run the runRunner method a lot of thread are created for running test suite but they never end.

It's a big problem for me because my server must run 24 hours a day. When I come in the moorning I see hundreds of threads in Park state.

Is that a bug in SOAPUI thread pool management or is there a mistake or a bad approach in my code ?

Thanks for your help.

18 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    What is your use case? If it is required to load test, can the out-of-box load test feature be used? or LoadUI?
      ecoly
      Occasional Contributor

I!

Thanks for your reply.

My use case is exactly what I wrote before : executing a wsdlproject at a specific time of the day in a process that never end (acting as a server). But I saw that Runnable task generated by soapui testsuite runner never end.

Can you explain to me what are out-of-box load test feature and LoadUI ?

Regards,

ecoly

nmrao
        Champion Level 3
        Any of your test case can be run as load test which allows user to configure various parameters.
        See documentation for more details. Of course, you can set the number of times the test to be run or how long the test to be run.

https://www.soapui.org/load-testing/getting-started.html

And there is command line utility available under SOAPUI_HOME/bin/loadtestrunner if you do not wish to use UI.

LoadUI is separate product designed for just load testing.