Forum Discussion

shiva_kakarla
Contributor
17 years ago

SOAPUI pro 2.0.2 fails to load a wsdl with multiple wsdl imports in it.

Hi ,
I have recently upgraded from 1.7.6 to SOAPUI pro 2.0.2 . I try to create a project by importing a wsdl which has multiple imports (around 30 more wsdl's) inside and SOAPUI tool goes in infinite loop while loading the wsdl and schemas. In 1.7.6 everything was working fine.

Could you please check this and let me know if there is a way to fix.

Thanks
Shiva

6 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Shiva,

can you share the WSDL (and it's included/imported WSDLs) for debugging? Maybe mail them to me at ole@eviware.com?

thanks in advance!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • Hi Ole,

I am sorry I am not authorized to share the wsdl however I did observe in log show java out of memory. I have modified JAVA_OPTS to have 1.5GB mem. It takes little more time to load than 1.7.6 ver.

Thanks
    Shiva
  • Hi Ole,
    How do I reduce time to load WSDL's and XSD's in SOAPUI pro 2.0.2. What I observered is, SOAPUI loads WSDLs' and XSD's for every soap testcase. If it loads the documents for 1 testcase and it should not load same set again for different test case even though the WSDL's and XSD's are same.

Its not caching the WSDL's and XSD's for a project thats why its taking more time to load all the Testcases in  a project.

Can this be fixed in our WSDL's or in SOAPUI tool by any settings?

Thanks
    Shiva
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Shiva,

hm.. Just so I understand you right: you are running different TestCases in the same project during the same soapUI session and seeing that the same WSDL  for a specific Interface in your project is loaded multiple times? Or are these different Interfaces which reside in the same WSDL?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • Hi Ole,
    I have a SOAP Project consisting of around 32 interfaces/Bindings. Each of these interface/bindings are defined in seperate WSDL. These bindings are spread accross multiple WSDLS and all are imported to one root WSDL. I create my project based on this root WSDL which imports all other WSDL's.

Now I have multiple test cases in the project. Steps in each of these test cases might refer to one or more bindings/interface.

When I import project and open one test case it downloads all WSDL's and XSD's fair enough. If I open one more testcase in the same project then again I see its downloading all the WSDLS and XSDs again. This happens in both UI and in commandline.

Thanks
    Shiva
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Shiva,

Thanks for the details. Unfortunately soapUI doesn't currently "recognize" that the different bindings are in the same WSDL, so in your case the top-level WSDL is loaded once for each binding, and since all bindings referred to by a testcase are loaded when the testcase starts, it may mean that you will get the same actual wsdl loaded multiple times when running different testcases..

This is obviously something we need to fix, it's on our list..

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com