Forum Discussion

plakar
New Contributor
5 years ago

Property array

Hi, 

I wanted to know if it was possible to store multiple value in a property and call the elements in a request. Something like

array = 1|2|3  (property in TestSuite for example)

and ${#TestSuite#array#0} would return 1 and so on. Is there something like that ? I read that you could use delimiter with | but i didn't really find much more on the doc and on the forum. (also, i don't use the pro version)

Thanks

4 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Use case and little bit of context would help? Please add the details.
      plakar
      New Contributor

Sorry for the slow response, kinda lost track this weekend ^^

I'm doing a JDBC request and retrieving multiple value of the same data type. Using a property transfer i can transfer one result into one property, which is not enough for what i want. I would need to put several value of the same type into one property.

The only solution i could think of was to somehow retrieve the xml results of the jdbc request in a groovy script (i guess it must be possible) and then create as much variables as there are results. But i thought it would be way simpler to just be able to put several values into one property.

nmrao
        Champion Level 3
        plakar, may be it would be helpful if you can specify what do you want to after receiving jdbc result.