Forum Discussion

John_Overbaugh
Occasional Contributor
17 years ago

My first Groovy SQL script in SoapUI - connection string

I got my hands on "Groovy in Action" and have been trying to follow the example in the book for connecting to a database. So far, here's my script (I ahve modified server, username, and password info of course):

import groovy.sql.Sql
db = Sql.newInstance('jdbc:oracle:thin:@server:1604:a237', 'username', 'password', 'oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver')

When I run the script, though, I get an error
Tue Dec 11 14:27:18 MST 2007:ERROR:java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver

I followed the user documentation and 1) made sure there was a load command in the groovy-starter.conf file and 2) dropped the Oracle SQL .jar file into the Groovy lib folder.

Any help getting this going would be much appreciated. Niclas has been great--I'm pushing ahead through data-driven tests with his help and this is one of the last steps to my initial test suites.

Thanks

John O.

2 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi John,

you need to put the oracle jar in the soapui\bin\ext folder, then make sure that it gets picked up by soapUI when restarting; the soapui log will contain a row looking somewhat like:

22:46:30,641 INFO  [SoapUI] Added [file:/C:/workspace/soapui-pro/ext/XXX.jar] to classpath

Hope this helps!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com