Forum Discussion

automatoramit
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago

Multiple Endpoints in same Test Suite

Hello, 

I am facing a problem while running the tests using command line. 

My test structure is as follows:

Endpoints: EndPoint_1, EndPoint_2 and EndPoint_3 

TestSuite 1

TestCase_1 with EndPoint_1 

TestCase_2 with EndPoint_1

TestCase_3 with EndPoint_1

TestSuite 2 

TestCase_1 with EndPoint_1 

TestCase_2 with EndPoint_2

TestCase_3 with EndPoint_3

So, with this setup how to run all the test suites using command line testrunner ?

I am using SoapUI Open Source. I am new to SoapUI, so please let me know if you want more information on this. 

8 Replies

nmrao
      Champion Level 3

You can use a property file, say soapui.properties to define all the properties that you needed. Use these properties as endpoints in your suites.

And this properties needs to be in the same place where you invoke the test runner, and those gets loaded automatically.

automatoramit
        Occasional Contributor

Hi Rao

Thanks for your Reply. I am using project custom properties to store all the three endpoints. Are you talking about the project custom properties only or something else (soapui.properties)? 

Could you give a small example, if it is something else like soapui.properties

And the commad is - testrunner.bat -e${#Project#Endpoint1} -r -f"SomeResultLocation" -i Project.xml

Here I can provide only one endpoint i.e. ${#Project#Endpoint1} (As per my understading), but as mentioned in test structure, my test requires three different endpoints. 

I tried with "testrunner.bat -e${#Project#Endpoint1} -e -e${#Project#Endpoint2} -r -f"SomeResultLocation" -i Project.xml" too but no luck.