Forum Discussion

Sobana
Occasional Contributor
5 years ago

Mock service Content type is changing to text/plain when i deployed my mock service in server

I had developed a REST mock service. When i tested in my local using soap ui, it is working fine. As soon as i have deployed my mock service to server, i am not able to read my header part. i am able to read the header if i hit the end point using soap ui, however i am not able to read the header if my other component hits the endpoint directly or via postman.

3 Replies

JHunt
    Community Hero

You're getting different results from two different clients. So their requests are likely different. Most likely, it is the Accept header. The client should specify what type of content it wants to receive.

Accept: application/json

or

Accept: application/xml

etc

Then server should reply with matching Content-Type (if it's not an error).

Sobana
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks a lot.. However, where should i mention this in my script?

Actually, when i hit from soap ui, i could see application/json in content type in raw tab. And even i checked my xml file deployed in server and i could see that media type is mentioned as application/json.

Could you please let me know where should i mention this accept header? in groovy script or in server?

JHunt
        Community Hero

Accept header should be specified by the client. For example, in Postman or what you called the "other component."