Forum Discussion

BearBear
Regular Visitor
3 years ago
Solved

Is there a way to start a webservice mock from .xml in docker?

Hi, I am searching for a way to build a piepline that would allow me to automate creating web services mocks by running them from inside docker container. Ideally it would be something like that https://www.soapui.org/docs/test-automation/running-from-command-line/soap-mock/ , but  through linux terminal. I though about deploying mock as a .war from inside a project, but it cannot be automated(or is it?) and it requires to manually open project, change things, and deploy which is not ideal.
Do you know of any documentation/resource/guide on this topic? I was searching for few days by now but I've found nothing.

TLDR; 
Run webservice mock by providing docker container .xml file with SoapUi project.

• Hi,

I'm not sure I understand the question but in linux bin/mockservicerunner.sh script covers running both a REST and SOAP mock with this command line:

bin $ ./mockservicerunner.sh -m "MockService 1" "/home/usrsoapui/SoapUIProjects/Project-soapui-project.xml"

where m: The name of the MockService to run.

So in your docker container (with soapui included) you can run the same project specifying the MockService to run

1 Reply

Ilario72
    Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand the question but in linux bin/mockservicerunner.sh script covers running both a REST and SOAP mock with this command line:

bin $ ./mockservicerunner.sh -m "MockService 1" "/home/usrsoapui/SoapUIProjects/Project-soapui-project.xml"

where m: The name of the MockService to run.

So in your docker container (with soapui included) you can run the same project specifying the MockService to run