Forum Discussion

mindgnat
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago

Is SoapUI still being supported?

Is SoapUI still being supported?

There appear to be critical issues with version 5.3.0's maven configuration described in the forums but no one seems to be addressing them.

10 Replies

mindgnat
    Occasional Contributor

I'm wondering if SmartBear is supporting SoapUI any more. Your question was asked a month ago and no one has bothered to reply. 

I ended up backtracking to SoapUI 5.2.1 in order to get maven-initiated testing working. It took me forever to figure out the exact POM configuration that worked.

SmartBear's documentation doesn't provide an example POM, which would really save everyone a lot of time.

I have attached my working POM.

I had to remove ".soapuios" from my home directory. SoapUI will replace it when you re-start it.

<testFailIgnore>true</testFailIgnore> will cause mvn to return exit code 0 (BUILD SUCCESS) if any tests fails.

Delete this line if you want it to return exit code 1 (BUILD FAILURE) when any test fails. 

HTH

Debz
      Contributor

I guess they got busy with Ready!API 2.0. I got a mail that it's due next week.

SmartBear seems to be promoting the use of TestRunner because it's easy to use but on our end, we were to run hundreds of test cases so we needed something that works faster and which will also work on CI. Hence, Maven + Jenkins. There were some questions here in the community with links to other similar question threads and some blogs, some even came from nmrao. I think I found out that Soapui folder location being transferred to another path from one of the posts. As for the Maven POM, my Senior Tester co-worker was able to generate one. Environment selection seems to be an open issue, so I already posted that under feature request to have a fix than using a workaround of manually selecting the environment before running the tests.

nmrao
        Champion Level 3

Debz,
        I believe that you understand well each one will have different requirement.
        Also, SoapUI is the tool where users can design their tests in the UI. Testrunner (command-line) utility be effectively used for executing the tests, as a product it is part of completeness and allows flexible to execute the tests.

But that is not just limited, right. I see many users use Java to execute the project using SoapUI's API, or write junit tests, then further execute using ant & and maven and bamboo etc.

It is end users comfort and technical skills comes into play how to use, what to integrate, more over requirement and there is none correct and none wrong.

Not sure if you have any question here and in the right context?

It is already mentioned that I am no voice in maven, and I can only suggest what I know. 

In the actual case, earlier there was no repo for 5.3.0 what was already addressed by SmartBear team based on Community Members request(refer thread below) and it answered for original poster that it is available in case if he unable to locate the same. But the original poster replying on multiple thread complaining baselessly and silent on the thread where there is possible answer.

https://community.smartbear.com/t5/SoapUI-Open-Source/No-soapui-maven-plugin-5-3-0/m-p/139552/highlight/true#M23764

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Please note that this forum is open to community members and knowledge is shared. Also note that it is not a forum by SmartBear support team though they pitch in at times to help members.

I believe that some one reported there is no jar available for 5.3.0 on maven repo and it is addressed.
    And am no voice in maven.

Not sure about the specific details of critical issues that you are talking about. If you are really blocked, take simple approach to execute the tests using SOAPUI_HOME/bin/testrunner(.bat | .sh).

Hope many members in the community who uses maven and might also go thru the same as you if there are critical issues. Or they can comeback if there are workarounds.

And point to note is that if the previous version does not have such critical issues, you may use that as a workaround as well.
      Debz
      Contributor

Hi! I was able to download SoapUI Open Source 5.3 just last March 17 so I suppose this is still supported. For Maven, we are using 3.3.9 on our end. It seems that the latest version (3.5) still have some bugs or compatibility issues with older Jenkins versions like 1.558 which our client uses.

• also have same issue with maven soapui when running mvn clean install -U

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.smartbear.soapui:soapui-maven-plugin:5.3.0:test (default-cli) on project soapui-maven: Execution default-cli of goal com.smartbear.soapui:soapui-maven-plugin:5.3.0:test failed: Plugin com.smartbear.soapui:soapui-maven-plugin:5.3.0 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Could not find artifact javafx:jfxrt:jar:2.2 at specified path C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_102\jre/lib/jfxrt.jar -> [Help 1]