Forum Discussion

Vijaysharma
New Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

I am getting java memory error while executing test case

While working with SOAP UI open source version I am getting one error related to memory again and again.Please help me.

PramodYadav
    7 years ago

No worries. What the link essentially says is : Go to bin -> soapui.bat file. , edit in say notepad++, find the below line and change the value of Xmx****m to a higher value (see below):

set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xms128m -Xmx256m -Dsoapui.properties=soapui.properties

->to higher values for the max allocated size, for example:

set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xms128m -Xmx2048m -Dsoapui.properties=soapui.properties

NOTE: I have a system with 8GB ram, so the max I can go is till 4GB (4096=1024*4). You can change the settings based on your machine configuration.

Hope this helps!

5 Replies

• Two possible solutions:

1. Read here: https://community.smartbear.com/t5/SoapUI-Pro/Soap-UI-Out-of-memory-error/td-p/25862 

2. I had a similar issue. I was building a string in a for loop for a very big file and was doing a log.info in each iteration to check the content of the string. Now apparently, all these log.infos were consuming a lot of internal memory and I was getting a memory error. Once I commented out the log.info step inside for loop (and put it outside to print final string), the out of memory error was taken care. I also make changes as per step1, later, just to be sure.  

Hope this helps!

Cheers, Pramod

P.S: If this does help solve your problem, accept the solution and give a kudos ;)

Vijaysharma
      New Contributor

Hey Pramod,

The link you shared is resulting in an error page.The 2nd solution is not related to my query.

Thanks

PramodYadav
        Contributor

No worries. What the link essentially says is : Go to bin -> soapui.bat file. , edit in say notepad++, find the below line and change the value of Xmx****m to a higher value (see below):

set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xms128m -Xmx256m -Dsoapui.properties=soapui.properties

->to higher values for the max allocated size, for example:

set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xms128m -Xmx2048m -Dsoapui.properties=soapui.properties

NOTE: I have a system with 8GB ram, so the max I can go is till 4GB (4096=1024*4). You can change the settings based on your machine configuration.

Hope this helps!