Forum Discussion

mmoser18
Frequent Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

How/where to download SOAP-UI sources?

We are - since years! - annoyed by a bug where a minimized window can not be re-openend anymore. The SOAP-UI log then always shows this error: "... An error occurred [illegal component position], see error log for details". This then always requires to interrupt your session, terminate and restart SOAP-UI and only then one can continue to work with it.

Since development of the open source version seems to have more or less come to a stand-still and this bug is soooo tedious I am feeling tempted to go and try to fix that issue myself. After all: it's called the OpenSource version, isn't it?

However, I searched around a bit on the SmartBear website but couldn't find a link or hint, from where to actually download the SOAP-UI sources.

Could someone knowledgeable please point me there? Is that code really ALL open source? And is it in a shape (i.e. are there also all resources plus Maven/Ant/Gradle or whatever build scripts available) such that one actually has a chance to build it oneself with predictable effort?

2 Replies

mmoser18
      Frequent Contributor

Thanks!

Unfortunately, when trying to build, there are tons of UnitTest-errors:

[ERROR] Tests run: 683, Failures: 259, Errors: 0, Skipped: 14, Time elapsed: 13.126 s <<< FAILURE! - in TestSuite
      [ERROR] createMockAsWar on createMockAsWar(com.eviware.soapui.actions.MockAsWarActionTest)(com.eviware.soapui.actions.MockAsWarActionTest)  Time elapsed: 1.779 s  <<< FAILURE!
      java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
              at com.eviware.soapui.actions.MockAsWarActionTest.setUpFormDialog(MockAsWarActionTest.java:64)
              at com.eviware.soapui.actions.MockAsWarActionTest.setUp(MockAsWarActionTest.java:60)
      Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InaccessibleObjectException: Unable to make protected final java.lang.Class java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(java.lang.String,byte[],int,int,java.security.ProtectionDomain) throws java.lang.ClassFormatError accessible: module java.base does not "opens java.lang" to unnamed module @59e5ddf
              at com.eviware.soapui.actions.MockAsWarActionTest.setUpFormDialog(MockAsWarActionTest.java:64)
              at com.eviware.soapui.actions.MockAsWarActionTest.setUp(MockAsWarActionTest.java:60)

[ERROR] builderValuesShouldMatchModel[0 - class com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.teststeps.amf.AMFRequestTestStepPanelBuilder] on builderValuesShouldMatchModel[0 - class com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.teststeps.amf.AMFRequestTestStepPanelBuilder](com.eviware.soapui.impl.GenericPanelBuilderTest)(com.eviware.soapui.impl.GenericPanelBuilderTest)  Time elapsed: 0.004 s  <<< FAILURE!
      java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.mockito.internal.creation.jmock.ClassImposterizer$3
              at com.eviware.soapui.impl.GenericPanelBuilderTest.<init>(GenericPanelBuilderTest.java:95)

The latter repeats a hundred times or so.

"java.lang.ClassFormatError accessible: module java.base does not "opens java.lang" to unnamed module @59e5ddf" sounds like a Java version issue to me. Has this really ever been built with Java 16 (as the projects home-page "SmartBear/soapui: SoapUI is a free and open source cross-platform functional testing solution for APIs and web services. (github.com)" suggests?)