Forum Discussion

zkhopekar
New Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

How to transfer request received in Mock Service into a test step

Hi,

I am using a mock service in SoapUI to test the request to request transformation of a webservice.

Can someone please tell me how can i capture the request that is received in the mockservice and add it to a test step in my test suit where i have triggered this SOAP request.

Any help is HIGHLY appreciated. Thanks

• Hi,

As I can't remember if it is possible to access a mock request using a property expansion (it may be, but I never have and someone else may be able to help?), my first thought was to:

In the mock's OnRequest script

1.Capture the request data e.g. something like def requestData = mockRequest.requestContent

2.Store it in a Global property e.g. 

import com.eviware.soapui.SoapUI

SoapUI.globalProperties.setPropertyValue( "requestData", requestData)

3. You can then access this property elsewhere (outside mock scipts etc) using

def requestData = SoapUI.globalProperties.getPropertyValue( "requestData")

Does this sound of any use?

A related, but slightly different mock data transfer situation, including more options for storage, was discussed a while ago in this post: http://community.smartbear.com/t5/SoapUI-Open-Source/Need-to-use-response-elements-from-one-mock-operation-in-another/m-p/98305#M17486

Cheers,

Rupert

3 Replies

rupert_anderson
    Valued Contributor

Hi,

As I can't remember if it is possible to access a mock request using a property expansion (it may be, but I never have and someone else may be able to help?), my first thought was to:

In the mock's OnRequest script

1.Capture the request data e.g. something like def requestData = mockRequest.requestContent

2.Store it in a Global property e.g. 

SoapUI.globalProperties.setPropertyValue( "requestData", requestData)

3. You can then access this property elsewhere (outside mock scipts etc) using

def requestData = SoapUI.globalProperties.getPropertyValue( "requestData")

Does this sound of any use?

A related, but slightly different mock data transfer situation, including more options for storage, was discussed a while ago in this post: http://community.smartbear.com/t5/SoapUI-Open-Source/Need-to-use-response-elements-from-one-mock-operation-in-another/m-p/98305#M17486

Cheers,

Rupert

zkhopekar
      New Contributor

Thank you Rupert! that helped me immensely to update the script i had. Also thanks for the related article im sure ill be using it at some point.

Cheers,

Zaid

rupert_anderson
        Valued Contributor

Hi Zaid,

No problem, happy to have helped! :-)

Thanks for the reply and marking the solution as accepted,

Cheers,

Rup