Forum Discussion

mig0390
4 years ago

Exporting wsdl of a SOAP service with Soap-Ui , in one single wsdl

Hello Everyone

I have the following problem. 
When i try to export my Soap service from Soap-UI program, i have two generated wsdl files, while istead i would expect just one.

I can see that inside one of the wsdl, ther's an import that calls the other part of wsdl .

my question is : 

1 - is it possible to put all togheter the two wsdl in one single file wsdl ? 

2- Is it possible to modify the project in order to create a one single wsdl file ? 

i have another soap -services -based project, and when i export the wsdl ther's only one single file.

So i don't understand in which part of the project happens the split and fdon't know following which rules . 

Thanks in advance 

M.S. 

1 Reply

richie
    Community Hero

Hey mig0390 

I'm responding cos no one else has but Im probably not best placed to help.

Can you confirm both files are actually .wsdl's rather than say 1 .wsdl and  1. xsd?  I don't mean by checking just the file extension here - I mean check the content to see if 1 is actually a schema (.xsd) rather than a second .wsdl?

I'm unsure why exporting the SOAP Service would generate 2 .wsdls.  I do know however, that .wsdls either import the associated schema or embed that detail within the .wsdl content itself, hence the reason why I'm wondering if the second file is actually a schema file instead....??

If that's the case, you can edit the file to replace the import schema option with the embed schema option - but SoapUI doesn't do this as far as I can tell - you'd have to edit the file manually yourself.

Cheers,

rich